...As featured at some of our Pilates and Mindfulness workshops!
Some of you have asked me for the recipe of my banana bread I bake for the workshops so I wanted to share this very easy, fairly quick and super delicious recipe with you.
I have kept this one pretty simple ingredients-wise but you can change it up by adding in dessicated coconut/cranberries/choc chips/seeds/nuts - whatever takes your fancy!
Total time (60mins ish..)
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
125g self-raising wholemeal flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinammon
50g butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp milk
Drizzle agave syrup - to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Grease and line a 450g loaf tin with baking paper
3. Carefully and accurately weigh out the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sultanas in a bowl and mixup with a wooden spoon.
4. Carefully and accurately weigh the butter, vanilla essence, egg, milk and mashed bananas and put in to another bowl or jug and mix with a whisk or fork.
5. Pour the butter mixture in to the flour mixture and combine well with a wooden spoon.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepped tin and bake for 30-40 mins (it normally needs 40mins for me!). Check if cooked by inserting a skewer in to the middle of the loaf, if it comes out clean its ready for munching...well nearly!
7. Let cool in the tin for 10 mins and then turn out.
8. Enjoy on its own or if you're feeling fancy have some greek yoghurt and berries on the side.
I'd love to see your bakes on Instagram, tag @lydiapilates to share!