Set your week off to a good start by preparing a healthy, wholesome soup to fill you up on a Monday afternoon!
Mondays can be tricky to get back into the swing of things, especially if you've had a weekend of indulging, so preparing meals in advance can be extremely effective way of keeping healthy throughout the week.
I have made this delicious soup to keep me going today... why not give it a go? It took me about half hour!
1 red onion chopped
2 garlic cloves (I used lazy garlic to save on time!)
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
500ml veggie stock
3x rashers of bacon chopped up (fat removed)
250g red/green lentils (I used green and a spoonful of red to use them up) rinse these in water first!
A little fresh coriander and 3 cherry tomatoes chopped in half for sprinkling on top if you're feeling fancy!
1. Chop onions and sauté along with garlic until onions are browned
2. Add in bacon and fry until cooked
3. Add in spices
4. Add in lentils after they have been rinsed in water.
5. Add in 1/3 vegetable stock and bring to the boil
6. When lentils start to soak up the water, add in the rest of the water a little at a time and continue to simmer for 15-20mins or until you feel they've cooked through!
7. Season with peppers and a tiny bit of salt for taste then add the coriander and tomatoes to top it off and serve!
8. Enjoy on its own OR with a slice of rye/sourdough bread. YUM.